April 23, 2012

What's in a name?


So like most couples trying to conceive, we have had a handful of baby names that we love.
A few boy names and a few girl names... even a handful of middle name ideas!

I understand that I don’t have copywrite on said names, but fuck me if all of my friends don’t beat me to it... And as they actually have a baby that warrants naming, I guess all is fair... doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt :(

 One friend in particular beat us to our top girl name Maya, so I had to accept that it was gone and I came up with Aria as a replacement favourite. Well yesterday at 8pm little Maya welcomed her new baby sister Aria into the world!

 I’ve never told anyone our fantasy children's names of course, because I don’t want to tempt fate... but it kinda feels like yet another slap in the face from the universe, when friends and family literally create the baby I was wishing and hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment