April 18, 2012

Jabs, pricks and lasers!

Considering I haven’t even started our first IVF ICSI cycle, I am so over all the ouches...
Acupuncture once a week, I had a flu shot on Monday just incase I do end up getting pregnant over winter and a blood sugar test to see if the Metformin is making any difference... not so much.

 Weird side effect from the flu jab was for my ear to swell up to thrice the normal size! WTF?!
My GP decided I ought to cut down the dose of the Metformin, as it’s been over 5 weeks of feeling like shit. I can’t work, function or even sleep properly because of the constant headaches, nausea and bathroom fun. So I’m back down to 2 x 500mg once a day, and I am already feeling more human.
This evening I am off to my monthly laser treatment. Another unpleasant symptom of PCOS is facial hair... charming! After years of painstaking, upsetting plucking for hours a week in front of the magnifying mirror, I had decided to try something new.

It’s expensive ($120 a pop), unpleasant (feels like being flicked by tiny rubber bands) and kinda humiliating (leaving the salon with a bright red beard and moustache)... but laser therapy does work.
I’ve had about an 85% reduction since I started about a year ago.

 Mind you, unlike with "normal" facial hair, PCOS facial will need ongoing treatment and only works on the dark hairs, which I am excited to report, I have a plethora of... sigh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment