May 7, 2012

Shoot for the moon!



When all is well with my internal universe, my cycle times in perfectly with the rise of the full moon. Tis very mother nature/fertile magical goddess of me!

Well last night was 2012's only Super Moon... and happened to mark the beginning of our very first IVF cycle. At 10pm we calmly sat down and watched the instructional DVD on Gonal F, prepped the epee-pen thingy, I took a deep breath... and then freaked out!!!
Looking in my husband’s eyes as he held aloft a big pointy needle aimed right at me didn’t go down too well and it took about seven failed attempts, before I stopped screaming and actually let him inject me.

After my award winning performance, I must admit, it wasn’t actually very painful or traumatic at all.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that moon amazing!! Well done on your first shot. I'm doing my first IVF cycle too. I have had 7 days of Lucrin so far, my poor hubby is a bit of a needle phobe so I jab myself. I don't find it too bad actually.

    Good luck with the next few weeks of pin cushion life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer!
    And thank you for being my very first follower...
    Wishing you all the very best on your IVF journey,
    please keep my updated on your progress x

    ReplyDelete